The Cincinnati Paralegal Association would like to invite you to attend our November General Membership Meeting (CLE Series), which has been scheduled for Wednesday, November 15 at 12:00 pm via Zoom.
We are very excited to announce that our speaker for November will be Jack Greiner. Jack is a partner at Faruki in Dayton, OH and he is the area's leading authority on media law and First Amendment matters. He has represented clients in public records disputes, access to courts, open meeting cases and a variety of defamation cases. Jack is also an experienced commercial litigator, handling contract disputes for clients in state and federal courts in Ohio and elsewhere.
We hope you can join us for what is sure to be a very fascinating topic!
From the notorious Alex Jones cases to the scandal that was Depp v. Heard, numerous defamation claims made headlines over the past few years. What are the grounds for defamation of character, though? And what's the best way to proceed in a defamation case involving a public figure? In this fact-paced course, our expert speaker will break down libel and defamation rules and updates, analyze recent court cases, and outline available defenses and best practices for filing a defamation claim.
- Review the essential elements of a defamation claim.
- Delve into famous defamation cases from the past year.
- Uncover practical guidance for navigating libel and defamation claims.
- Overview of Defamation: Essential Elements, Libel vs. Slander, etc.
- Reviewing Key Laws (First Amendment, 2023 Anti-SLAPP Statute Developments, etc.)
- 2023 Case Law Updates: Notable Public Rulings
- Defenses and Damages
- Making Your Case: Best Practices and Current Developments
- What You Need to Know About Working on Cases Involving Public Figures
Jack’s bio can be found here: https://www.ficlaw.com/team/jack-greiner
* This meeting is currently pending approval for 1.0 CLE credit from the OSBA.