Cincinnati Paralegal Association Website Terms and Conditions of Use
Before using this website (the “Site”) you must agree to these Terms and Conditions of Use (the “Agreement”). The Agreement sets forth the legally binding terms for your use of the Site. By using the Site, you agree to be bound by the Agreement, whether you are a “Visitor” (which means that you are browsing the Site) or you are an active Member “Member” (which means you have formally made application to and been accepted as a member of the Cincinnati Paralegal Association (“the CPA”). The term “You” or “User” refers to both a Visitor and Member. You are only authorized to use the Site if you agree to abide by all applicable laws and to the Agreement. If you do not agree to abide by the Agreement you should leave the Site immediately. The Cincinnati Paralegal Association may change the Agreement from time to time and by continuing to use our website you accept and agree to be bound by all changes.
THE CINCINNATI PARALEGAL ASSOCIATION IS NOT A LAW FIRM AND IS NOT AUTHORIZED TO PROVIDE LEGAL ADVICE UNDER ANY JURISDICTION.
The Site is a general service that provides information over the internet. The information contained on the Site is general information and should not be construed as legal advice to be applied to any situation. You should consult a lawyer. Any use of the Site DOES NOT create or constitute an attorney-client relationship between the CPA or any employee of or other person associated with CPA and a user of the Site. As the law differs in each legal jurisdiction and may be interpreted or applied differently depending on your location or situation, the information or use of documents on this Site is not a substitute for the advice of a lawyer.
For legal advice, please contact the Lawyer Referral Services of the Cincinnati Bar Association at 513-381-8359, the Legal Aid Society of Greater Cincinnati at 513-241-9400 or the local bar association or legal aid society in your jurisdiction.
You agree to use the Site for lawful purposes only and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else’s use of and enjoyment of the Site.
You may not use the Site to send unsolicited commercial communications.
You may not use the content on the Site for any marketing related purposes without the CPA’s express written consent.
By sharing any contribution, including, but not limited to any text, photographs, graphics, video or audio (collectively “Submissions”) with the CPA, you agree to grant the CPA, free of charge, permission to use the content in any way the CPA wants (including modifying and adapting it for operational and editorial reasons). You also confirm that the contribution is your own original work, is not defamatory and does not infringe any US or Ohio laws, that you have right to grant the CPA permission to use your contribution.
Any Submissions, including, but not limited to, questions, answers and feedback related to the Site features or content available through the Site, shall be deemed to be not confidential and the CPA has no obligation of any kind with respect to such Submissions.
The linked sites are not under the control of the CPA and the CPA is not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. The CPA reserves the right to terminate any link or linking program at any time. The CPA does not endorse companies or products to which it links and reserves the right to note as such on its web pages. If you decide to access any of the third party sites linked to this Site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
The following is a partial list of the kind of content that is illegal or prohibited to post on or through the Site. The CPA reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who, in the CPA’s sole discretion, violates this provision, including without limitation, removing the offending communication from the Site. Prohibited content includes, but is not limited to content that, in the sole discretion of the CPA:
- is offensive and promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
- exploits people in a sexual or violent manner;
- contains nudity, violence or offensive subject matter or contains a link to an adult website;
- solicits personal information from anyone under 18;
- provides any telephone numbers, street addresses, last names, URLs or email addresses;
- promotes information that you know is false or misleading or promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory, or libelous;
- promotes an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person’s copyrighted work;
- involves the transmission of “junk mail”, “chain letters”, or unsolicited mass mailing, messaging, “spimming” or “spamming”;
- contains restricted or password only access pages or hidden pages or images;
- furthers or promotes any criminal activity or enterprise or provides instructional information about illegal activities, including, but not limited to making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone’s privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses;
- solicits passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from users;
- involves commercial activities and/or sales without the CPA’s prior written consent such as contests, sweepstakes, bartering, advertising, or pyramid schemes; or
- includes a photograph of another person that you have posted without that person’s consent.
You must not:
- Republish material from the Site without the CPA’s prior written consent.
- Sell or rent material from the Site.
- Provide a public performance of the Site.
- Reproduce, duplicate, copy or otherwise exploit material on the Site content in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use.
- You also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any of the Site content except for your own personal, non-commercial use.
- Redistribute any content from the Site, including onto another website.
You may notice that there are areas on the Site where your access is restricted. The CPA in the future may need to restrict access to parts (or all) of the Site and reserves all rights to do so. If you are a CPA Member (in any category), you will receive a username and password to access the restricted areas of the Site (Member Area). You must ensure that both your username and password are kept confidential.
The CPA also reserves the right to disable your account at our sole discretion without explanation.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
All copyright, trademarks, and other intellectual property rights (registered and unregistered) in and on the Site and all content (including any applications) located on the Site shall remain the sole property of the CPA and may not be used in any commercial manner without the prior written consent of the CPA.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY
THE SITE AND THE CONTENTS HEREOF ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, THE CPA DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND CONDITIONS, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. NOR DOES THE CPA WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS OF THE SITE OR THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN THE MATERIALS OF THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OF ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE SITE OR THE SERVERS THAT MAKE THE SITE AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. THE SITE, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, COULD INCLUDE TECHNICAL INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS. CHANGES ARE PERIODICALLY ADDED OT THE INFORMATION HEREIN.
You agree to indemnify and hold the CPA, its officers, agents, partners and employees, harmless from any loss, liability, claim, or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of the Site in violation of the Agreement and/or arising from a breach of the Agreement and/or your breach of your representations and warranties set forth above and/or any Submissions you post on the Site that cause the CPA to be liable to another.
You may contact the CPA at Cincinnati@cincinnatiparalegals.org
or 513-549-6391 should you have any questions regarding the Agreement.
Approved by Board – April 13, 2016